Monday, July 30, 2012

Stitcheries Completed!!

After anxiously waiting for my stitchery's to come back from the framers I'm happy to report it was well worth the wait. If you don't remember, I purchased a couple of hand stitched pieces from an estate sale. I added glass to one and had the other framed. Here they are completed ....
This is the cross stitched piece done by Lois Foster, Penny's mom. I added a piece of glass to protect the work from getting soiled. I plan to hang this in my sitting room area of the bedroom. 

This piece was done in the late 1800's and it is awesome! It looks so much better in person. I will take another picture once it's hung, hopefully it will come out better. I am so surprised the blue color in the thread has held up so well for so many years.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment