Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Mice, nests and loss ....

This afternoon the Orkin man came to do his spraying to get rid of the crickets, spiders and other misc. bugs. While he was here I mentioned the re-occurrence of mice and asked what is the next move. I actually have him stumped, he has never had a customer experience the re-arrival of mice after they have been eradicated! Lucky me, I get to be his first. So now the big critter man will be out the re-inspect the house. Oh joy.
Later I went out to the back yard and realized my bird nest was all torn up. I went over the give it a closer look and to my surprise the little blue speckled egg in GONE! Yes, it's gone! I know exactly who stole it too. It was Stinky, the dog. I am so bummed. I was so excited to pass it on the my grandson since I knew he shares my love for this from nature. I had the nest high where I thought it would be safe but I guess not. Stinky leaves next Monday to return home to Virginia and I won't be sorry to see him go .....

No comments:

Post a Comment