Monday, July 16, 2012

The Day has Come ....





As I mentioned yesterday I had a strong feeling that my final baby bird would be gone today. Early this morning I heard a lot of commotion in the back yard. Birds from everywhere were chirping and singing, it was so loud I actually went to the window! The back yard had birds all over the place. The finches were on the telephone wires with the doves, the lawn and fences were cluttered with sparrows and even the ornery mocking birds were in the yard making their annoying noises.
I just had a strong feeling they were all cheering for the baby bird to take flight. By the time I got dressed, came downstairs and out to the patio this is what I found ....
An empty nest ... all they left me was poop. Isn't that the way they all are? Kids I mean.
 
They come into your life all cute and sweet and capture your heart. Then as they grow they make one mess after another but we still remember those cute, sweet moments. One day you wake up and they're gone. Nothings left but a messy room (nest) to clean up. But you know what, I hope those sparrows return next year to built their nest, make another mess and provide me with the same joy they have this year. And just like the birds my kids come home with their kids and make a mess ....
A view from behind my sofa. I was checking the mouse traps and realized I had caught some Otter Pop wrappers instead! Obviously my grand babies were using this area as a trash can. I smiled and realized how much I appreciated their messes ...


No comments:

Post a Comment