Friday, July 13, 2012

A Quick Hello ...

Today was a busy day, full of things I love. Quilting, friends, simple cooking and bird watching!
Penny and Rita, my quilting buddies were here today for our monthly hen party. I think all three of us enjoy getting together and solving the worlds problems.
So I got busy early this morning and set the table for lunch ...
Since it's July and I love everything patriotic I just had to set the table in red, white and blue!

The flowers are from the Longaberger Americana collection, I made sure Penny and Rita had one to take home.

Rita is just working away and I'm getting ready to enjoy this ...

Oh so yummy!! And calorie FREE, yep, I squeezed every last calorie out of dessert before I served it. I like to do this when ever I can.... hehe. We had brownies with Salty Carmel Truffle ice cream. OMG it is to die for! 
 Now before I sign off for the night I know you are all dying for a sparrow update!! My little babies are getting so big. When I hear
 them chirping I quickly run to the door, you have to be fast because feeding time is quick. Mom sits on the edge of the nest while both babies are chirping "me first mommy, me first."
Can you believe how big they are getting?? There big bird feathers are coming in and their cozy nest is getting really crowded! And yes I'll say it again ... can you believe all that poop! Yuck, what a mess. I am NOT keeping the nest! I don't even want to remove it once they move out, so gross!! If anyone wants to volunteer to remove it I would greatly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment