Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hoot ... Hoot ...

Yesterday was one of those days that starts out with not much going on and then blooms into an awesome day! My friend Tanya came out to Fullerton and we headed south to Tai Pan Trading to see what was new. Not much new but I had a 25% off coupon for everything purchased so it was a good day!
My treasure of the TPT adventure was an Owl ... yep a nice big owl. I wanted one last year but just never quite found what I wanted. This guy is so cool. He was originally all white but with the help of a little black and brown paint I achieved the look I was going for.
Here he is, almost done. It's hard to tell but I'm still working on the books he's standing on.

Another angle, his eyes need to be finished as well.

Ta Da he's finished, well almost. He needs a coat of sealer to protect him from future cleaning fluids!! I'm all excited for Fall's arrival, he will be awesome for Halloween.    
After we finished at TPT we were ready to roll. With a stop at the Brick Basement Antique Shop (Tanya got a cool Radio Flyer wagon) and I picked up a very nice pewter plate and a few other goodies. We continued on to Magnolia's ... oh wow, what a mess this place was. I won't go into details but ... oh my will have to sum it up. However, I do have to admit I found the
 following treasure from my hunt into the deep corner of the shop.
This is a solid brass lamp finial. I loved the Eagle sitting on top of the ball and decided it needed to come home with me. I currently don't have a lamp to attach it to but I hope to some day soon! For $5.00 how can I go wrong!!

This very cute oak chair came from the estate sale. It was actually Penny's sewing chair. My plan is to use it at my vanity, I have a bent, wobbly stool that I don't feel to safe sitting on. My other treasure is Abraham Lincoln's Rules of Conduct. I asked my friend Debbie for this for my birthday. I love it and as soon as my house guests leave I plan to hang it in the Presidential Suite bedroom. 
 
Have a great weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment