Sunday, February 3, 2013

Quilt Mania and Paula Barnes!

Last night I closed my blog with the message that I was going to settle in with my newest edition of Quilt Mania. Wow! What a treat for me. Quilt Mania is published in France ... yes the France on the other side of the Atlantic ocean in Europe. So why would a girl in love with American history, Civil War era quilts and just about anything in the 1800's era fabric lines be so excited about a quilt magazine published in France? Well, much to my surprise this issue featured one of my favorite fabric designers Paula Barnes. In fact, her newest fabric collection in faded shades of pinks and browns is featured on January cover ...
Isn't it beautiful! So soft and yummy just in time for Valentine's Day.

A closer look ... I can visualize this using one of Paula's newest lines of red fabrics, oh so yummy!
Paula Barnes business used to be called Bonnie Blue Basics Quilts, recently she and her partner Mary Ellen Robinson changed the name to Red Crinoline Quilts. Same amazing women designing awesome fabrics! 
In the featured article I was so pleased to see Paula's Texas home. It is filled to the brim with quilts and ..... drum roll please ..... Longaberger baskets! Yep, I just knew we were soul sisters! It is obvious she is a long time collector as she has many of our old style baskets displayed beautifully in her home.

Look at all those quilts! Top right are Paula and Mary Ellen doing what they do best ,,,, creating!

I have a very strong feeling that Paula loves America as much as I do as she has a nice collection of Longaberger Americana Baskets displayed with a cabinet packed full of her quilts.

Another room another basket collection! LOVE it! I also LOVE the quilt hanging on the wall. such warm, cozy colors. In the top right picture she also has a vignette using Longaberger Woven Traditions Pottery.


So why all the interest in American Quilts with the French? Not really sure. America's have had a love affair with French perfumes, clothing designers, food and wine for centuries .... I guess it's finally occurred to the French that those "tacky" Americans really do have something to offer! So happy to learn it's our quilts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment