Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Another Tour ....

Yesterday my quilting gals met at Penny's home for our monthly get together. It was only right that I would share with you Penny's home in the same way I shared Rita's. So, get a cup of coffee or tea, settle into a comfy chair and tour Penny's lovely 2014 Farm House. Her home is what I think a classy home in the middle if the Nebraska corn fields would feel like.

First, I have to introduce the house pet Thimbles. She is just so adorable, like all pets she likes to lay on what ever is on the floor. As I finished my 9 patch blocks I laid them on the floor .... before I  knew it Miss Thimbles had found a new place to lay.

Penny and her husband Bob collect American Oak antiques, as do I. However, they also owned an antiques shop at one time and they have collected some truly gorgeous pieces. As you enter the front door this lovely hall tree is there to greet visitors. In California we don't have much need for umbrella's ... Penny has cleverly rolled up some of her quilts and carefully placed them in her antique umbrella stand. LOVE it!
Hanging high above the hall tree is this beautiful Jo Morton inspired quilt.

Venturing into the living room is a quilt nest ... I say nest because she has a beautiful quilt draped over the couch along with two of her basket pillows! And of course a Rooster ... Penny loves her rooster and they are all nesting on the couch!
Doesn't everyone place a framed quilt on their piano instead of sheet music?? If I had a piano I would!

LOVE this vignette ... a Longaberger basket filled with a mini quilt, a plant filled Longaberger pottery crock, a candle and one of her loved Roosters! PS - She also has a spoon collection, see it on the left!
Moving down the hall there are several samplers, all hand done by Penny. They are truly perfect and perfectly framed.
More Longaberger baskets filled with beautiful quilts and a plant. Isn't the antique clock to die for?   



This has got to be the prettiest laundry room I have ever seen. There is a collection of wash boards ...

Quilts, large and small, wringer washers, Longaberger baskets and a tiny iron. Yes, there is a washer and dryer in there as well and she does use it!!
Making my way into the family room now ... here is a unique oak rocking chair, the seat is made from tiger oak. Her newly completed Pinwheels for Caroline quilt is resting on the arm.
Family room couch, quilt with a matching pillow and another rooster, oops it's a HEN .. or is it??

Our little table all set for a yummy lunch. Penny is sitting on the milk stool on the left ... oh my gosh! Yep, there is a rooster on the table, I told you she loves these guys!
My final stop on the tour is the kitchen ... A small collection of Longaberger pottery, vintage milk bottles and a cute little quilt!


Now that you have toured with me I'll ask you to look back at the pictures and see if you can find a common denominator ... besides Roosters, quilts and baskets!
Did you guess it?? Here's a clue, Penny's last name is Hunter ... Her favorite color is hunter green! Gotta love it!
Hope you enjoyed today's tour of the Hunter Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment