Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter Blessings

With Easter just a few days away I wanted to take a moment and wish each of you a blessed Easter. Today, Good Friday we are reminded of the sacrifice Jesus made for all of us as he gave up his life while dying on the cross. I had to pop into the Dollar Tree this morning and it was busy, busy with desperate shoppers buying baskets, chocolate bunnies, jelly beans and egg dyes. As I wondered to the back of the store for some cleaning products I asked myself "I wonder what Jesus' is thinking as he watches this madness." Does he ask himself, I gave up my life for this ... bunnies and colored eggs? Then I was quickly reminded he LOVES us, truly, truly loves us without conditions. Even when we shop for nonsensical items on the day of his death.
My children are all grown now allowing me the time to reflect on this holiest of days. May you share with me in this season of reflection and re-birth and even chocolate bunnies!

Lo-cal Longaberger bunnies made of wood. Not real tasty but so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment