Monday, July 16, 2012

It's my birthday month and I am loving every single bit of it!! Yesterday I co-hosted a Longaberger party at my home with my customer Marie. We had 11 ladies here and I presented a cooking demonstration using Longaberger pottery and food. First up was an amazing whole chicken cooked in our 8 in 1 pottery piece in the microwave! 
Exactly 30 minutes later we had this beautiful bird and was he ever yummy. I used the drippings to make a very delicious gravy that was poured over the chicken. Next I made roasted russet potatoes using olive oil and Longaberger Parmesan Garlic seasoning blend. These cooked for 12 minutes in the microwave and they were so tender!!  
Forefront is the potatoes, the blue casserole is the chicken and Longaberger Beer Bread on the platter! Pam was my awesome assistant, I couldn't do it without her!! 
 For dessert we had Apple Dumpling Bites. Oh wow, so good ... made me ready a tad bit for fall.
Ready to pop in the microwave ...

 10 minutes later, all done and oh so good!
In addition to the dumplings we also enjoyed birthday cake.
Isn't this just beautiful?? My customer Vicky and I both share July birthdays and this basket weave flag cake was so perfect. It's chocolate with raspberry Bavarian cream filling. Oh, and zero calories ... hehe. 
Raspberries filled with white chocolate and Longaberger Peach and fresh mango salsa with Liberty chips were served for appetizers.

Present time!

Vicky and I each received a Disney character playing Angels baseball. I received Mickey up to bat and Vicky has Goofy pitching. As you gals know I am an Angels fan and Vicky is a Goofy fan. These little figurines are to darn cute!!
See the little vintage red chair?? It was one of my birthday gifts from Tanya, OMG it is just so cute and makes such a great addition to my American Summer Tablescape.
And finally the whole darn gang!! Jewel is on the far left, she is my 92 year old customer who never misses a party or event. Such a trooper! Her daughter Janice is visiting from North Carolina. Eileen had already gone home so except for her we're all in the picture! Thanks ladies for an awesome day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment