Friday, April 6, 2012

Was it a Good Friday?

As I sit here this morning reflecting on Good Friday a thought popped into my head. What was so good about Good Friday to Jesus? He was drug through town dragging a heavy wooden cross, which he ultimately knew he would hang upon. He wore a crown of thorns causing blood to drip into his eyes all the while the crowd booed and threw stones. We all know how the story ended, painful, heart wrenching. His mother watching the entire event unfold. So again I ask myself, "what was so good about Good Friday?" 
Here was a 33 year man in the prime of his young life. Dedicated to teaching his people the art of forgiveness and love. His payment is pain, ridicule and suffering.
Let's for  moment put ourselves in is sandals, walk the walk he made that day and ask ourselves, "could I make the walk for mankind?" Do I love ANYONE that much to bare such torture? Let alone a massive amount of strangers.
There lies my answer, it is a Good Friday for those of us he suffered for, he has given us the ability to hope. 
No matter your faith, take a moment to say thank you.
 RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment