Thursday, April 5, 2012

Such a Productive Day!

I was up bright and early this morning and by 10:30 I had run my errands and washed and folded 2 loads of laundry. Joe and I went to Lowe's for my Easter present! No chocolate bunnies for me, I requested a bird bath. While I was there I picked up a few packs of marigolds to add a bit more color to the front garden ...
 Do you see the blog master Betsy on the porch? She keeps an eye on all the happenings at the homestead. Now the bird bath is in place we need some birds! They tend to hang out in the back yard where the feeders are, perhaps I need to move them to the front.
After that project was done I moved some things around to accommodate my new Bantam camera.
 I grouped together a Longaberger Pewter lamp, and some black and white family photo's. The glarey one is a pic of my parents wedding, to bad you can't see it, they look so young and now they're both gone. On the right is the one and only baby photo of my dad. He was a depression baby and grandma said they only had enough money for one picture. I'm glad I have it. Then up there in the front are two pictures of me. I'm about 4 years old and have lovely Pippy Longstocking braids. 
OK, that's done now let's go sew! One of the quilt blogs I follow "Quilts by Cheri" posted a sew along and so I sewed along with her and this is the results.
 I love all the red she used. This is a little mystery quilt so you really don't know what it will look like until you're done .... unless you wait for it to be finished on the blog and then do it, but that takes away the mystery!! 
And since I was in the mood to make changes I redid a corner in my sewing room.

 Meet my Betsy Ross child's sewing machine. This little 1940's era sewing machine is electric and it works! It needs a good cleaning and oiling and she'll be ready to go. As I sat looking at it I wondered what little girl owned it new, what did she make? Clothes for her doll or maybe even herself. It is in very good condition for being vintage. I want to believe wherever it has been it was loved and well cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment