Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 2 - Longaberger Homestead

Good morning! It's a beautiful sunny day here in California. The kind of day that gets me out of bed early and ready to go! It's 9 am and I've weeded the front flower beds, done a load of laundry, cut out a quilting project and I'm ready to hit the road to have a visit with my dentist ... oh joy!!
But, before I go I wanted to post a few pictures of our visit to the Longaberger Homestead on Saturday. Here we go ...
We are dressed and ready to depart our hotel, this years theme is Sweet 16! We chose to dress in the spirit of the 50's as our sweet 16. Left is Kim, Amy, Susan and me. Barbara made our Poodle skirts, we had so many compliments on them, thanks Barb!!
 After a chilly and sprinkly start we were ready to shop, shop, shop. Just prior to this picture Amy was in the Hula Hoop contest! She won a Collector's Club Pewter key chain, very cute! She also did the Cake walk in the rain! She is a total nut and loves games, so fun to travel with her.
Once inside we could peel off our coats and rain gear. We're pictured here with Michael Kennedy, the director of the Collector's Club, very nice man. Just after this we entered the costume contest ... we didn't win ... so sad!
Michael Kennedy, Jeff Longaberger, Rachel, Jerry, Tami, Wendy and Gary Longaberger
Much to our surprise there were 6 Longaberger family members in attendance. So fun to see them all together. Tami is the companies CEO and she is celebrating her 50th birthday this year. She
looks so good for 50!
Kim getting signatures from the family members, Jerry is busy signing her basket while I snapped away. Geeze there were so many people there!
Lucky for us Rachel and Tami stopped to sign a few baskets between their many event duties. I found Susan and hurried her over to meet Rachel, do you think she was happy!!
I was able to get in line fast enough to get Tami's signature, I hadn't even bought a basket, had to hurry and get this cute little red one, glad I did. So fun to see her again.
All in all is was such a fun day, a bit of rain and chilly temperatures couldn't keep us down. We shopped, played silly games, wove baskets, stood in lines (oh did we ever) visited with old friends and even made some new ones...
 Meet Ms. Vicky from Texas. We shared a table with her at lunch time. She was a hoot to visit with. I loved her little tiara!

Our final meal that evening was at Bob Evan's in Newark. Nothing but the best for us. We all love their yummy yeast rolls and I introduced Kim to their Chicken and Noodles over biscuits ... she was in noodle heaven. 
After we were settled into our hotel room Amy and I snuck into the girls room with a little farewell gift and a night time lullaby!
 
Three almost blind mice! They received warm cozy socks and an eye shade to keep out that pesky morning light! Thanks ladies for joining me on this trip to Ohio, I had a wonderful time and I hope you did as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment