Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Remembering Stewart

There is a great children's book by the name of Stewart Little. If you haven't read it you should, very cute story about being in a family. Well, if you know me very well you know I have had several house guests by the name of Stewart .... yep, mice. Since my kitty passed I seem to have been over run with these little creatures. Granted, they really don't eat much, however, they poop everywhere and I prefer they live outside. So, like any good mouse mom I have been battling with them to live out of my house. Up until a few days ago I thought I had won the battle. Hummm, until out of the corner of my eye I saw Stew run by, very fast, almost ghost like, but I knew it was him. I have been patient tracking hm and voila - found his hiding place.
 Can you see this tiny little hole? It's hiding behind my firkin on the stairs. Here is a closer look ...
 If I could paint words I would put Home Sweet Home on the wall, NOT! Not really knowing what to do I took some aluminum foil, wadded it up and stuffed it into the hole! OK, he's locked out, success. Stewart is locked outta the house. NOT, as I write he just zoomed by again, this time he ran up the stairs and scurried into a new hole on a new stair. Now I'm mad, this tiny little creature isn't going to out smart me. I guess it's time for the big guns ... Billy the Exterminator!!

No comments:

Post a Comment