Monday, April 23, 2012

A Simpler Place in Time

As promised I have more to say and pictures to share from my trip to Ohio last week. Today's post will feature Holmes County, the largest community of Amish settled in North America. Oh the country side is so amazingly beautiful, anyone would love to live there. 
First we had to arrive ... after a 6:30 am departure from LAX we arrived in Columbus at 4:00 pm.
 Here's our "ride" a 30 passenger prop brought us into Columbus from Cleveland. It flies very low and very loud!
Good morning! Our driver, Amy is ready for our departure to Amish country...
Excited passengers are squished into the back seat and so excited to hit the road.
Oops, can't park here, we have the wrong horse power!!
Kim, myself, my cousin Maryann and Susan on the covered bridge at Miller's Cabin. The setting was just so green and so beautiful.
Ah, alas we found the correct transportation! Maryann and Amy were caught in front of Gramma Fannies visiting with the horse!
As I said earlier, the flowers were amazing, here is another shot at the tulips in front of the Der Dutchman inviting guest to take a buggy ride!
Finally, shopping in my FAVORITE shop "Primitive Gatherings." So many things to buy, so little money ... This chair is called a "Make Do" I loved it, only $1,000.00! Gee, I'll buy two, one for me and one for YOU!
Textiles ... I love them, even smuggled in a few fat quarters for sewing! Heaven knows you can NEVER have too much fabric.
So very sad ... this old house with it's chippy paint has fallen victim to our poor economy. It once housed a favorite shop of mine the sold ASL Pewter. After a visit to the cheese factory and dinner at Der Dutchman we were back on the road to our hotel in Newark.
Tomorrow we will visit Longaberger!


No comments:

Post a Comment