Monday, April 2, 2012

A trip to the Stars ... and Sraps that is!

Joe and I woke to another beautiful warm, sunny day and decided to take a little road trip. We loaded ourselves and Betsy Ross into the car and headed down the freeway to Corona. We arrived a bit early so Joe had time to hunt down a donut shop! It only took a few minutes (he can sniff um out) and we were soon parked in front of a favorite quilt shop and waited for them to open. I was on a mission. I had my Civil War tote filled with projects that need fabric in order to complete them.
Once inside I lost my train of thought looking at all the goodies. However, I quickly brought myself back to reality and did some serious fabric searching and found exactly what I was looking for!
I love red,
this has a touch of gold in the paisley and it looks perfect with my finished Blue and Grey 
Civil War Quilt.








Ouch! The basket blocks are a bit blurry but you can see the great black sashing print I found. I will post these completed projects once they return from Susie the quilting master!





I also piked up a gift certificate for a lucky friend who will remain nameless, some fat quarters, awesome greaseless hand cream and new fabric markers.
I packed it all up in my tote (saves on bags) and back to Fullerton we went. Now I have a few days worth of projects to keep me busy, Woo Hoo! 
Tomorrow is a road trip to the high desert to visit some new to me antique shops. Have a great April!

No comments:

Post a Comment