Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Plaaaaay Baaaaal!!

There are so many joys to being a grandparent, too many to list. But seeing my little 7 year old grandson, Austin dressed in his Little League baseball uniform just warms my heart!
 Isn't he just too cute! Thank you, I think so to! Keep in mind they play in Northern California and it's still COLD and rainy up there. Thus, the kids wear these warm jerseys with long sleeved shirts to stay warm. I was also mis-informed by his dad ... Austin's team are the Cub's, not the Angels ... I was so bummed and so was Austin. So, here he is, in a hitters stance, his eyes focused on the pitcher ... waiting, waiting for just that perfect pitch.
Ahh! Contact - look at the intense concentration - such style - such form. Knees bent, arms outstretched - run Austin, run!!
Woo hoo, made it first base. I love the coach this year. It's a woman!! So cool, I think I have found my purpose, I want to coach Little League Baseball! I think this would be so much fun, working with these little eager beavers. Granted, in So California baseball is HUGE at any age, I may have to fight some know it all man for the privilege to coach but I think it may be worth the battle. I'll let you know how I do!
Oh, PS - The Cubs WON!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment