Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Shhhhaakky Town!

I was abruptly awakened at 11:30 pm by a barking Boston Terrier and a shaking bed. By the time I quieted the dog down and peeled my eyes open the shaking was over. "Oh, an earthquake, how nice" and I went back to sleep. 10 hours later ... I'm cleaning house, doing laundry and my constant shadow is my little dog Betsy. If I sit down she gets on my lap, every where I go she's right next to me. I keep asking her what does she want, why can't she settle down and take a nap like she always does? I'm sitting at my desk paying bills and she's looking at me with those big brown eyes.  Minutes later the ground begins to shake, it gets harder things are falling and Betsy is barking ... at a distance ... she's upstairs by now checking on Joe. As soon as it stops she's on the stairs surveying her territory. Hummm, that's why she had been bugging me, she new something was about to happen and she wanted me to know. The damage was huge ...
A basket has fallen, plates tumbled, how will I ever clean this mess up?? Yes, this was serious damage.
 
 My husband came down to turn on the news to see where it was centered. The epicenter was Yorba Linda, the next town over and the quake measured 4.5. OMG, by listening to the news you would have thought we had just experienced the BIG one. People were calling in to the news station with all kinds of ridiculous drama about what they experienced and how they felt. Oh for goodness sake it was a trembler ... If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment