Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Little of this, A Little of That ....

When I'm not rockin and rollin or chasing down mice I've been creating. I finally hung my two newly framed stitchery pieces in my bedroom ...
My mother daughter pieces ... Penny Hunter's is on the left and her mom Lois Foster's is on the right. I love how they look together.

This vignette came out very well also ... at least I think so! To the far left is my maternal grandmother's newspaper article announcing her wedding ... on the front page no less! Bottom right is my paternal grandparents marriage certificate and above is the newly framed stitchery piece done by Bob Hunter's great-grandmother.
 Moving on now to my sewing room. Can you believe fall is lurking just around the corner?? I am busy working on a very cute churn dash Halloween quilt ...
I have the pattern ... some fat quarters ready to cut ...
And lots of orange fabrics already cut!

 I have also finished the top of a mini fall inspired quilt. I plan to do some hand stitching on the back panel before I put it all together. Doesn't it just look like fall leaves scattered on the ground??

My final project has been getting my display put together for a big Longaberger Home Show scheduled for this Saturday. It's been so much fun putting this together, the change of seasons is always challenging and enjoyable!
Just a little sneak peek ... our new little Witch Kin for August, my awesome new towel from my dear friend Paula, Longaberger pumpkins, pottery and wrought iron are all scattered about ..

Do you just LOVE this pumpkin??? I do! He traveled all the way from Iowa to sit on my table for the fall. He is from "Gatherings" a very primitive shop run by a delightful woman name Wanda! The stem is REAL! Can anyone tell me what Bemis stands for? Yep, Ms Paula, Wanda found one for me!!! 
 I will post more party pictures as the preparations continue to evolve!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until Saturday! Debbie is coming with me and my friend Carolyn!

    ReplyDelete