Monday, August 27, 2012

Asking for Prayers

Several weeks ago I posted a blog about a young friend of mine who had endoured a double mastectomy. Initially she had done very well with her recovery. About a month ago she began her radiation treatment and just as she was entering her final days of treatment she began experiencing adverse reactions to the treatment. She is now bed ridden with a serious burn and an infection. Today she is waiting for the test results to determine if she has contracted a staph infection. This is serious and I am reaching out to everyone I know to pray that staph has not set in. Kim is amazingly strong with such a positive outlook. Her faith has never waivered in God's plan for her life and her church community is with her as well. However, as someone who has witnessed a staph infection first hand I know how serious they can be as well as life threatening. With all of this being said I pray that as you read this you will all say a prayer for Kim to fight this infection and get back on her feet as soon as possible. Fighting the cancer is work enough without any additional issues.
Look at that big smile, let's put it back on her face!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much to everyone that prayed for me. There was no staph infection. I still have to stay down for 2 more weeks waiting for the skin to heal. It is improving. I see dr. tomorrow. Thank you again and God Bless you all!

    ReplyDelete