Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Day to Celebrate ....

We arrived in the beautiful Napa Valley on Friday August 17. It was absolutely beautiful and the temperature was just perfect for a wedding. At the time of check in we hit a snag. My family was staying at the Eurospa in Calistoga, a village famous for it's health spas and mineral waters. At check in I notified the Inn Keeper that I had to being my small dog ... NO dogs he barked. No dogs at any hotel in Calistoga and you have a two night minimum that can not be canceled! Yikes, now what do I do. I called my son and ask for his advice, his luxury 5 star spa will allow dogs and it's also in Calistoga. So now Mr. Inn Keeper is a fibber as well as a meanie. I will post more hotel nightmares in the next few days but lets get married!!
I made the decision I was not going to cry ... ya right, I was the biggest cry baby there.
Dustin walking me down the isle, I was doing OK at this point ....

Lacey's mom Jan walked her down the isle. Lacey's dad passed away 9 years ago from cancer. OK, here is where the tears begin ....

The wedding monkeys. L to R Lia, Lille and Cameron are cousins and Austin and Karlee are my grandchildren. They were all in the wedding!

Mr and Mrs Dustin Gipson, I cried a bunch here ...

The bridal party .... such a beautiful group of young people!

Shawn and my daughter Tiffany leading in the bridal procession ...

Mrs. Dustin Gipson - I think she is just stunning!

Mother, son first dance ... I cried, then he made me laugh!

The beautiful glitter balls on the ceiling made by Lacey and her family ...

Me and my sweetie Joe, not too bad for most of my make up missing!!

Their first dance as husband and wife ...
Tara, Tiffany, Lacey and Bria in the photo booth! This was all new to this old gal but what fun it was, when I find my pics I'll post them too!
I think he's pretty smitten with his bride! 
 Tomorrow's post .... where were we????

No comments:

Post a Comment