Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Face of God's Grace

As a sales consultant for the Longaberger Co. I have been blessed to meet many people. Some of those have become customers and great friends. This is a story of both. I initially met Kim at a Starbucks in 2008. She was "interviewing" me for the position as her Longaberger consultant! Yes, I swear she did! I got the job and I am so happy I did. Kim is a teacher, a mom, a wife, a christian and so, so much more. And I am happy to say she is also my friend.
In the past few months Kim was diagnosed with breast cancer. That "C" word that wreaks havoc in women around the world. Upon hearing this news I was stunned, Kim is only 46, this just can't be happening! But it was and it has. Just 10 days ago Kim had a dual radical mastectomy ... yes, that means both breasts were removed. 
I went to see her today and I just wasn't sure what to expect. Again, this amazing young woman stunned me. She was up, moving about, cooking a quiche for lunch and had her make up on. She glowed. Kim's face is a true example of her faith in the Grace of God. She "knows" he will take care of her and she "knows" that she will be exactly where God wants her at all times. 
Gerr, my picture is blurry! Wouldn't you know. Her mom has traveled out from Illinois to assist in her care. Can you see the glow, if not, trust me it's there.
I also had take take a few snaps of the other family members.
Meet Maggie, she is the youngest and so, so, so cute.
And 3 year old Noah, he was a pet store puppy that no one wanted. He was so blessed to have found a place in this loving home.
The senior of the trio is Pugsly, he is 9. He is not happy, his grandma is sitting in his chair and he has to make do with this one!
Don't you find it interesting that I can capture all the pets with a steady hand, but the humans come out blurry .... go figure.
Kim, you are an inspiration to everyone who knows you. Your faith is amazing, I so wish it could be bottled.
In the month of July the Longaberger Co. will enter into is 18th year of the Horizon of Hope Campaign. My hope is that when you are asked to purchase this basket, make a donation to a 5K participant or any other Breast Cancer fund raiser you will keep in mind, "There but for the Grace of God go I."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Anita! I Love you too!!
    God will carry me through. All that happens to me goes through his hands first. He has a plan for me and I am sure that it is greater than anything I could come up with for myself. I trust in my Lord!

    ReplyDelete