Monday, May 28, 2012

Im Memory ....

Good Morning and Happy Memorial Day. As I sat here this morning contemplating what I wanted to say my mind quickly went to my dad. He served in the Army during WWII primarily in the Philippines and Japan. He never spoke about it much, only when I would ask specific questions. He wanted to put it behind him and out of his memory. "War was hell, Anita" is what he would say. He would never watch a war movie not even Gone with the Wind. His father, my grandpa served in WWI, in Europe. He earned the bronze star for his service in the battle of Aragon, France. Like my dad, he never spoke of the Army or the war. In fact, his commendation, signed by President Woodrow Wilson hung in their bedroom behind the door. He didn't want to see it, but my grandmother saw it's value in who he was.
So today, I want to remember these two great men, who selflessly gave to their country without question. These are the men who make us a great country; as are those serving today. Lest us never forget who they are and what they do.

Join me for a pictorial journey ...
Welcome to the Taylor home!
The flags are out and lining the walkways ...

The chairs are padded and comfy! These pillows came from Paula's yard sale. I'm tellin ya, you need to go to Quincy and shop in her garage!!

Here is a pic of my 48 star flag from Chico ...

Remember the recycled, recycled, recycled Eagle?? He has a home, along with this Betsy Ross silhouette, a gift from the Brown's!

 And finally Mr. Lincoln. We can not forget the Civil War. He was also a wonderful gift from Paula.
Have a great day off and REMEMBER why we are free ...

No comments:

Post a Comment