Sunday, May 6, 2012

She's A Grand Ole Flag

She's a grand ole flag, she's a high flyin flag ....
Yep, Flag Day is exactly one week from tomorrow. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord and proudly fly the American flag!
Next Saturday I will be hosting a Mother's Day luncheon for my Longaberger customers and friends. As a special treat; myself, Amy and Debbie (fellow consultants) will be operating our own version of a Farmer's Market. Complete with homemade bread, treats from Amy's kitchen, vintage Longaberger and an assortment of my quilted wares. With Flag Day in mind I have purposely been busy creating some flag inspired pieces.
 This piece was just finished this afternoon ... small pinwheels bordered in Americana fabrics.

The Uncle Sam opens into a table runner and the Americana Block piece is a 36 inch square table cover.

Placed in it's final destination  - a serving tray! These are wonderful pieces to set on a coffee table, hang on the wall or placed on an easel. 

My dad was a Veteran of WWII and had a huge respect and love for our American Flag. As a young adult my parents moved to their retirement haven. 25 acres in the California high desert. They loved it, I thought is was awful! One of the first things my dad did was to install a permanent flag pole. It was huge, like a government building huge. Every morning he proudly went out and hoisted the flag to the top of the sky and each night he brought her in. Like my dad I have developed that habit of flying Old Glory out front, minus the gloriously large flag pole.
Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment