Friday, May 25, 2012

I hate goodbyes ...

Well, Joe, Betsy and I concluded our visit with the Brown's this morning. I really HATE goodbyes, they are just so hard after such a wonderful time. Yesterday was just a nice relaxing day, a time to visit and enjoy our hosts. Paula and I went to visit her quilting buddies for a bit in the morning.
 Meet the girls left to right ... Carolyn - the master mind behind the barn quilt project in Quincy, Tina - a previous Longaberger Tour traveler, Diane - the hostess, Paula and Linda - she has a very sharp wit!
Meet Max, he is the kindest, gentlest soul and a very nice host to Betsy.

Our Hostess and Host Paula and Darrell. We had just finished a delicious dinner at Lake Almanor. The meal was absolutely wonderful and the Creme' Brule was even better! Aren't they just the cutest couple? 
 A View of the lake from our table. We decided to sit inside to eat as the weather was a wee bit chilly.

This morning Joe and I were up bright and early and on the road by 7 am. We had heard that a winter storm was coming in Friday night and Paula thought it would be a good idea for us to get out ahead of the storm. Well, thank goodness we did, the storm was approaching rapidly and within 5 miles of Quincy we were seeing snow flurries!
By the time we started down the Donner Pass (remember that story) the temp had dropped to 30 degrees and this is what I was driving in ...

 SNOW! It's Memorial Day weekend for heavens sake, what's going on here. About a half mile down the highway there is a warning, "unstable weather ahead, prepare to put on chains." Are you kidding me, I live in Southern California, I don't have chains. Thankfully God was our travel companion and held off any further weather disasters.

No comments:

Post a Comment