Monday, September 30, 2013

A Day to Create

It's a week later and I finally have a chance to post my pictures from my monthly sew in with the girls. Usually we work on our block of the month for our Civil War Sampler quilt but this month Rita and Penny were busy, busy getting ready for their bi-annual quilting retreat in Temecula. I sewed and listened to the two of them chatter and create. Watching them made me sad that I will not be going again this year ... sometimes a girl just has to do what she doesn't necessarily want to do ... be good!

Here is our happy little group. Me, Penny and Rita
Fun jars will be adorable luminaries ....
My block for September is the Ohio Star. For something different I printed a center piece with the name of the quilt and our names.
All done! Check out those beautiful pickles! Rita gave each of us a jar, she found them on her trip to the mid-west. I think they are just to pretty to open!
 A simply perfect lunch. Fresh fruits, chicken with cranberries salad and the best toasted cheese sandwich ever! Rita used a delicious whole grain bread, honey mustard, two kinds of cheese and thinly sliced apples in the center. Oh my gosh it was the BEST ever, perfect for a September gathering!!

We wrapped up the day with some additional sewing, chatter and a yummy dessert. It was an Italian treat of some sort with fruit on top ... to die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment