Wednesday, October 2, 2013

the Beauty of Fall ....

I have continued to decorate and tweak what I have already done as I prepare for the glory of Autumn. The trees lining my street are Liquid Amber's and they are really beginning to turn fast with the night getting cooler. I just love how they look when they are all orange, green, red and gold.
I truly love this plate. I don't have many pieces of redware, but the ones I do have I love ... The little pumpkins were a gift my my dear friend Tanya ....
This is a shot of my Scardy Cat quilt I made last year, it's hard to see but the machine stitching was done in a burnt orange and is done in the pattern of ghosts! So darn cute, the grand kids love it.
A pumpkin from Rita and an Autumnal mini quilt ...
This needs no explanation ....
Yesterday Tanya and I loaded into the SUV and headed south to Corona Del Mar to visit the beautiful Roger's Gardens. Our goal was to collect some unusual pumpkins and plants for fall. We hit the mother load!
Tanya is manning the cart, if you don't it will take off! We had it loaded with all sorts of goodies. Corn stalks, pumpkins in every shape, size, color and texture! Check out all those bumps! We also found some awesome black Johnny Jump Up flowers!

A different angle ...
A load of pumpkins in the back while the corn and flowers are in the back seat!
A closer view, I just love these things!
This is a perfect example of why we need to be careful not to spill pop corn in a car .... It GROWS!! Don't you just love those little black flowers??

I hope all of you are enjoying your change of season as much as I am. Tomorrow ... the front yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment