Saturday, October 26, 2013

Santa Legs 2 .....

Our Longaberger group met this morning for our monthly meeting. Our fearless leader, Debbie asked if I would teach the group how to make the infamous Santa Legs. Of course I said yes so this morning, bright and early I headed to the adorable cottage of Kathy and John Collett to teach leg making! 
Kathy's home was built in the mid 50's - today they are referred to as "mid-century" homes. Over the years they have added on and maintained this adorable home BUT, they have also retained the homes original integrity. Of course I had my handy camera along so I could share some pictures of her little cottage.

Curb appeal! Kathy definitely has a green thumb, everything in her yard is alive, vibrant and in bloom. I love her picket fence and wanted to be sure to capture it in my picture.
As you enter the room to your immediate left is her amazing craft room. Does this space look familiar? I was once the kitchen! To the left is a window and below was where the sink used to reside. All the above cabinetry is original without the doors. I love all the detailed trim work! the next room to the right is her laundry room ....
Cute and functional!! Check out all that awesome Longaberger! The basket on the wall is for her laundry detergent and in the window sill she has two different baskets containing her various laundry supplies. As you step further into the next room there is the cutest little bathroom. The rooms just go on and on!

This is where the magic happens! Kathy's office, compared to mine this is clean and organized!
 
Next stop ... the cutest bathroom ever. This is an absolute vintage bathroom, complete with the original aqua blue tile ...
Original counter top and sink, the cabinets have been refaced and to the immediate left is a stall shower ...
OMG do you remember these!! As a kid we had the "cave" shower stall, they scared me to death! As a group we decided this is the ONLY space in Kathy's home that has empty corners!! She has a thing for filling up the corners in her house!
A final shot of the bathroom ...
And her patio/deck area. The little birdies were just a chirping away and the water features were flowing. It is so peaceful and serene out there. Perfect spot for reading or prayer ...
 Yes, we really did get some work done! 

Carmen and Nancy are busy, busy, busy! Their legs are done, I believe they were working on his little boots! We were working at Kathy's dining room table. Her husband added on a large kitchen as well as this room to the back of their home. This was a perfect spot for us to work in!
A Longaberger event is just not complete unless there is food! Kathy baked this delicious Sour cream Apple Bar for breakfast, it was sooo good to eat warm. I asked for the recipe, I'll share it once I get a copy. The Granny Smith Apples came fresh off her tree in the back yard.
 It was a lovely morning ladies, thanks for joining us.

No comments:

Post a Comment