Monday, September 16, 2013

Skool Daze ....

What does September mean to you? For me it has so many memories. The end of summer, time to return to school and see long lost friends, picking apples at Oak Glen Orchards ... and Indian Summer! Those dog days of temperatures in the 90's by day and 60's at night. By the end of the month we will be feeling the cool crispness in the early morning hours and the scent of apple crisp baking in the oven. September in the official gateway to fall ... my absolute favorite time of the year!

This quilt will always be special to me. I was a relatively new quilter when I purchased this kit from Temecula Quilt Co. I had never been so challenged as I was while making it. It's called "Back to School" thus all the school houses bordering the many snowballs! It took me a long time to get it done and I still love it!

Vintage back to skool supplies ... love my little chalk board from Bay Rays Child and a Longaberger Apple!

Many, many years ago my grandfather did demolitions on old buildings in Ohio. These old books were some of the things he brought home from a demolished school house in Southern Ohio ... I love the fact that he kept them and that I still have them as well! Inside the book a names of school children that used them over the years.

 Enjoy your September ...

No comments:

Post a Comment