Sunday, September 29, 2013

Welcome Fall ....

While I'm recovering from my surgery and basically house bound I decided today was a good day to begin making my home festive for fall! I still have more to do but I have a good start on it. For some crazy reason I did my back patio table first ....

The back portion of my home is covered with large windows so I see my back yard all the time. Since this is the case I want to like what I see!! I love my two Longaberger lanterns, they have such a colonial feel. I can just visualize a Salem pilgrim holding one high in her out stretched arm wearing a long black cloak while winding through a narrow, foggy lane on a cold dark night.
Inside, my family room fireplace mantle is very simplistic. Three Longaberger white washed pumpkins, a hand crafted pheasant from Audrey at Bay Ray's Child and a few spikes of color. Below is a garland of string beans (leather britches) with dried chili peppers. I got this idea from Karen at My Colonial Home blog. She uses cranberries in lieu of the chili peppers. I plan to do another with cranberries as well! Once the beans have dried they curls up and look so cool! They will be ready just in time for my Christmas decor'.
Family room dining table ... loaded with Longaberger pumpkins made of Hardwood Maple ... love these!!
A gathering of pomegranates in a dough bowl on my Hoosier ....
The Santos Angel is dressed for fall!! She is wearing an October doll quilt accompanied by a re-done pumpkin. This big guy was originally a nice green tone, then after a couple of years outside it went to a ghost white color, now, with a coat of black spray paint it's a lovely black! I love spray paint!!
Side one of my kitchen island caddy ... The funky pumpkin in the front is a new addition this year. It also came from Audrey Baker of Bay Rays Child. She really does such nice quality work.
And, side two ... love this pumpkin towel. My friend Paula gave me this last year.
And finally, the living room entry. My big ole Bemis pumpkin from last year and a few more re-purposed mini pumpkins are nestled on my Tobacco Rose quilt. I love to use my guilt's blended in with my holiday decor'.






2 comments:

  1. Hi Anita, I was sorry and a bit surprised to hear you had been hospitalized and had surgery. I don't know the details but I sure wish you well. Sending you a hug and blessings!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The house looks awesome! Come and do mine after you clean it... Hehehe! Ralph

    ReplyDelete