Monday, September 9, 2013

A Simply Fabulous Weekend!



After spending the greater part of last week preparing for my Fall Longaberger Open House I am pleased to report it was worth every drop of sweat! Saturday was another scorcher here in Southern California complete with an ample amount of humidity. However, I have some amazing customers and friends who joined me for a fun filled afternoon. I prepared a very lite lunch complete with ice cream sandwiches for dessert. Those were a real hit on such a hot afternoon. I do want to share a new recipe I made. Very easy, my favorite kind!
Cheesy Bacon Burgers in a Cup

 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
1 package Longaberger Cheesy Bacon Seasoning
1 package Pillsbury Grands biscuits
1 Cup grated Cheddar Cheese
BBQ sauce, your favorite choice
Directions: To cooked ground beef add seasoning packet and cheddar cheese. Mix well, set aside.
Split you biscuits in two pieces and spray cupcake tins with baking oil. Press dough into bottom and sides. Spoon in beef mixture, (about a soup spoon size.) Top with a spoon full of BBQ sauce.
Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until edges are brown.
Makes 16, be careful ... they disappear FAST!
__________________________________________
 Sunday morning I finally rolled myself out of bed and finished putting my house back into a more livable order. I promised my dear friend Marty that I would assist her as as she was hosting her very first Origami Owl Jewelry Bar. They can be very overwhelming, especially when it's your first!
I arrived shortly before 2 and so did the rest of the city! Oh my she had a huge turn out ... ladies, children, grand babies, husbands ... the whole gang was there!
A shot of the activity at the "bar" there had to be at least 15 women shopping, asking questions, visiting and it was NOISY!

Isn't this too cute? This bright yellow bicycle belongs to Trudy, the hostess. Sitting right in the formal dining room! Perfect place for a bike ...

This is Trudy, the hostess and Marty the designer! The baby is one of Trudy's many grandchildren!


Marty's bar display ... it held up pretty well after three hours of trying things on and off over and over again!
Congratulations Marty on hosting a fabulous party bar. You had such a great group of ladies there to support you in your new adventure!! Hoot , Hoot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment