Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas ...

Like I said yesterday, this is a really strange town. It takes possession of your mind and you do crazy things when your here.
Joe and I got in the car yesterday and headed out to see some of the local sights. You'll never guess what we found???
Yesss er reee, we found a quilt shop! And not just any quilt shop, an amazing quilt shop. I could have spent the day in there with those ladies. So many wonderful things to see and droll over! Who new there would be a quilt shop in Sin City that carried the BEST Civil War fabrics, patterns, ideas etc.??  
 After leaving the shop we returned to the hotel room and this is what Joe did ...
Ahhh yes, he settled in with his Subway sandwich and a good book he got for Father's Day and he was a very happy camper. And me you ask, what did I do?  
I set up the sewing machine on the desk and got busy finishing my Row Quilt!  

All of the sashing pieces are in place, the quilt is trimmed and ready for the borders. Silly me, I didn't buy enough border fabric and had to go back to the Christmas Goose to get some more, oh gee darn.  
 I completed this little project just in time for Tiff to get home from work and she, Joe and I went to free drink hour here at the hotel. Joe was relaxed and ready for a nap so Tiffany and hit the town and did a little of this and a little of that. Remember, what happens here, stays here ....
Off we went to the Trump Towers to look at sparkly thongs ...

I got two toe rings! Holy Cow, don't tell anyone, it's our secret!

Followed the Senor Frogs billboard up the strip (this town is so weird)

Went to the Bellagio and visited the chocolate lady, yep she's all chocolate.

And then for the biggest sin of all ... we shared a Nutella, fresh raspberry and whipped cream crepe ... (no calories)

and a turkey and fresh spinich crepe with Pellegrino water. OMG, it was to die for. Now I understand all that sin talk that goes on around here hehehe!
 Tomorrow, a visit to Red Rock Canyon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment