Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Day at the Orange Quilt Bee!

Good afternoon! And a "good' day it was. I met up with my quilting pals at the Orange Quilt Bee for sewing today and that is always a good day. We gather together twice a month a share ideas, food, what we're working on and yes, we actually do some sewing. Today I happened to have my camera so I snapped a few shots of the gals and the shop!
 I'm here! Just pulled into my parking space and took a quick picture. This is the back lot, thus there are no windows.
 It has been reported that I have a habit of spreading out when I sew .... humm I don't even know what they're talking about.
Yes, my Mc Donald's Iced Coffee is with me.
 This is Penny's work space, a machine, scissors and one block. I think my space looks just like hers.
 Can ya'll see the black basket sitting in the top left corner? Yep, it's mine. Rita has some scissors, a bottle of water and a coffee cup in her work space ... and my basket is creeping over. I'm seeing a problem here. I believe my things crawl around and encroach on other peoples space when I'm not looking. After all, I'm taking pictures, I can't watch my things 100% of the time!
 My future project. I love this. It's called Mill Creek and finished it will cover a queen sized bed. 20 years from now when it is finished it will be on my bed. I love it!
 These are the ladies that keep the shop going. They all three loved having their pictures taken, can't you tell? One complained she was to fat, another said she looked like a man and the third just kept hiding ... I'll let you figure out who is who!!

I believe they call this a "stack and whack" quilt pattern. I could be very wrong but I liked it and thought you might like to see it.  
A couple more happy quilters, Eva and Linda. They're discussing where to get some yummy sausages. I told you we talk about food.
Another day of sewing is done. I'm pulling away but not before a take another picture of Penny loading up her car. Her little red featherweight sewing machine is inside that flowery case.
Until next time, have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment