Saturday, June 15, 2013

Flag Day Crafters!

Oh my did the girls have a great time yesterday crafting! For the first time ever we did three craft projects in one day and I was worried they wouldn't get them done ... not this group, they were on the ball and focused!
The table is set up and the supplies and snacks are in place ....
 
Project #1 - A button ensconced frame complete with a brief story of Old Glory ..

A close up of my added accoutrement ... a tiny Origami Owl pewter star!

Projects #2 and #3 - An Americana ribbon pin to wear on those special patriotic holidays! And a Betsy Ross style greeting card.

Treat bags are filled ....

Lets craft!! The frames are coming together and look so great. It's a lot of fun to watch everyone's own vision come to fruition ... I was giggling when I snapped this picture, I shared with the ladies that the table looked like adult pre-school! There was stringy hot glue everywhere, papers, ribbons pieces and rogue buttons attempting to escape from the hot glue guns! I packed each lunch in the Sisters Enchanted insulated lunch tote (floral black) that would eventually double as a tote to take home their treasures! 
The fruits of their labor! I think they look so wonderful all together ....

Left to right ... Barb and Corinne with their art ...

Susan and Marcia. This was Marcia's first class and she had a blast! She arrived all decked out in her Americana attire, her hat is all a glimmer with a flag motif and her shoes were flag designs as well. So welcome to the crafty classes Marcia, we'll see you soon!
And in comemoration of Flag Day I can not pass up the opportunity to post a picture of Ms Betsy Ross herself ...
She borrowed my Origami Owl sliver locket complete with a flag inside for her photo op!! Isn't she so pretty!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment