Thursday, March 22, 2012

Some Days Are Just Sad ....

Good morning world. I awoke this morning with a heavy heart. I received news that my dear friend Penny's mother has passed away. Granted, she had several issues, and she was into her 90's and had a loving daughter tending to her every need. But, I know how the loss of a mother can feel. No matter how old we are losing a mom is just plain hard. I also know that the coming year will be very difficult for Penny.  Each holiday, birthday and anniversary there will be a hole where mom once lived. Lois has moved on to a wonderful and peaceful place. My prayers are with you my friend.
After peeling the sleep out of my eyes and getting my morning coffee I opened my emails to see what transpired over night. To my sad dismay I had an email from a Longaberger customer/friend. She was sharing the news that another friend of ours, Kim Barone has been diagnosed with breast cancer. I am so stunned and saddened by this news. Kim is young, still raising a son and an active, vibrant school teacher. It is still unknown what road lies ahead of her but I feel it won't be an easy one. I'm asking all of you to pray for her future and that the cancer is very small and will be eradicated quickly.
And my final bit of news is bitter sweet. My youngest child, Dustin will be celebrating his 30th birthday tomorrow ... how did this happen? How did my youngest born become so old? It seems like only yesterday he was whining to sit on my lap and wanting me to "cuddle." Oh how I would give my eye teeth to cuddle with him again. 
 Only a mother can love a child who eats his shoes ....
Happy Birthday Dusty ...

No comments:

Post a Comment