Friday, March 9, 2012

80 degrees, really .....

It's no wonder more people don't have phenomenia. One day it's in the 50's, cloudy and chilly. Then you go to bed and bundle under a down comforter nice and cozy. The next day (today) I go outside at 10 am to run errands and it's 80 plus degrees and the Santa Ana winds are blowing. It's March, we haven't even officially ushered in Spring and it's 80 degrees. Really?? I mean Really.
So, I went out with my camera to snap a few shots of my newly planted SPRING flowers. I imagine by tomorrow they will be wilted unless I stand over them with an umbrella and a mister.
I intended to get some more color spot flowers today, however, with a hot wind blowing I think I'll put if off for a few more days.
My door box has  fresher look for Spring as well. Can't wait to tuck in some flags for summer!!
 Now the chickens on the other hand are so thrilled with the warm weather. They are not overly fond of cold and rain, big bruiser in the back is one happy dude with his team of happy hens!!



And one final post.  I had some requests for the Bread Pudding recipe I fixed for the retreat last weekend. So here it is...


Apple Bread Pudding

1 Can Comstock Pie Filling
1 round of Hawaiian Bread
5 eggs
1 cube butter
1 Cup sugar
2 Cups milk
Cinnamon and nutmeg

In a 9 x 13 baking dish place 3/4's of bread torn in bite sized pieces.
Spoon Apples over top of bread.
Scald milk, add sugar and butter until melted. Fold in 5 beaten eggs.
Pour liquid over bread and apples.
Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on top. Bake AT 350 degrees for 3 to 40 minutes until knife comes out clean.
Serve warm with whipped cream oh yummmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment