Thursday, March 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Mimie ...

March 16th 1927, baby girl Geiger was born in her home. There were no flowers, no one came to see her, no fanfare. Just another girl. She remained baby girl Geiger until the day she was christened. Her Godmother, Aunt Rose asked her mother what are you naming her? Leota's reply "I don't care, you name her." So Aunt Rose named her Dorothy after no one in the family. However, the book Wizard of Oz had just come out, so you can do the math.
My mom was amazing. She loved me from the minute I was born absolutely unconditionally. I made my share of mishaps, and I was punished, but ... I new she was my best friend and she loved me in spite of myself. We laughed at life until we cried. When my dad passed away at 55 she carried on, always strong, always my mentor and always my hero.
If she were alive she would celebrate her 85th birthday tomorrow. She passed 9 years ago on March 2nd and it feels like yesterday. I miss her terribly and can't wait until the day we are reunited in heaven. I know the moment I take my last breath she will be right there, on "the other side" waiting to eagerly take my hand and show me everything she has discovered.
If your mom is living, cherish every moment you have together. Don't be angry, it's a waste of energy. Once they're gone it's permanent.
Happy Birthday mom, you are loved and so missed.

2 comments:

  1. Remembering your mom with you...you guys had a special relationship....and she always made us laugh...you do the same in that regard. Lovingly, Cyndie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my Mommy too...thanks for sharing yours! Diann

    ReplyDelete