Sunday, March 11, 2012

Off to the Quilter's we go

I've been a very busy girl these past few months! I have five quilts in various sizes ready to go to the long arm quilter tomorrow. 
This little brown and white quilt is a kit from the Temecula Quilt Co. monthly mini club, I had so many 9 patch blocks left over I made the little black one on the top left. I have a strange addiction to these small doll size quilts. They are taking over .... any ideas what I should do with them all????
The pinwheel quilt is a pattern from Country Sampler in WI, it's called Prairie Pinwheels and it's about 38 by 38 square, perfect for the dining room table. I love this fabric line, warm, cozy colors!
The final one at the top is from some material that was given to me by my dear friend Penny. The green fabric has a head shot of Abe Lincoln. I loved the fabric but I didn't know what to do with it until ... Penny and I went to Road to California and I found Jodi Breathweights booth. She designs her own fabrics and had all the companion fabrics for Abe! She also creates a square in a square ruler however, I didn't get it. So I had all these fabrics and no pattern. Humm, I'm really not skilled at pattern making but somehow I came up with this simple idea and I love it! Once it is complete I'll take another picture of it.
Not pictured is the 9 patch churn dash quilt I made at last weeks retreat. It is ready to go as well and already in the car. It is really anxious to get done!!
Have a wonderful Sunday and remember to change your clocks, you have officially lost the hour you gained this past fall, such a bummer isn't it???

No comments:

Post a Comment