Thursday, January 19, 2012

Quilts, quilts and more quilts!

What a truly fun morning I had. I picked up my quilting buddy Penny Hunter at 8:30 and off we went to the Convention Center to attend the Road to California Quilt  show. I had no idea what I was in for but wow, what a treat! My first purchase was here, at Stars and Scraps Quilt booth.

The room that all of the booths and display quilts is inside of is HUGE .... and it was packed full of women on the prowl for the perfect piece of fabric!

I'm in the middle of the room in an ocean of blue jeans! It is so crowded you can not see the booths in front of you or on either side. I'm a shorty so this made shopping a REAL challenge! But never fear, I was able to find some great fabric and treasures!!
Here we are in an outer viewing corridor, see all those beautiful quilts on the left? Ya, I couldn't see them either but they were the big winners. I did happen to sneak into a few areas and did manage to see some really amazing quilts, way above my skill level to be sure!

Can you believe all the colors and details in this quilt!! Amazing is what I say and this was not even entered in the contest, this is out in the registration area and these were hung high above our heads for decor purposes.

I snapped a photo of some of my fabric goodies, the kit on the far right is for Paula and I to create some 9 patch magic at a quilting retreat in March. I'll post the finished creation down the road.
Hope you enjoyed my trip down the Yellow Brick Road to California!!

No comments:

Post a Comment