Friday, January 27, 2012

Fabulous Friday!


Today was just such a wonderful day ... these are the kind of days that you want to celebrate being alive. After a week of sadness and mourning I needed this kind of a day. Penny, on the left and Rita on the right and myself meet one day a month to work on our row quilt project. We missed December so we all were eager to get together. Here we are sitting down to lunch, and was is ever good. Rita prepared a cold salmon salad with fresh STRAWBERRIES!! The first for 2012 and they were so sweet. She served warm pumpkin bread with honey butter, oh yum! I don't remember what our pink drink was, but I do remember it was also delicious.



This is what I'm talking about, so beautiful and so good.

Here is our dessert. Raspberry sorbet with chocolate brownie, oh my gosh this was to die for. The sorbet was tart and the chocolate was sweet, soooo gooood.

OK, enough on the food. Let's get that red sewing machine fired up and get some sewing done!!

Yep, this is me and I am actually sewing and enjoying my sorbet at the same time. If you have a bad day, don't fret about it. Gather a few friends together that enjoy the same things you do and have a fun day doing what you love with who you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment