Saturday, December 22, 2012

Shopping, Decorating, Wrapping .... Done

Check, check, check, my Christmas duties are done with time to spare! Thursday I visited with friends, Friday I lunched with my ex-coworkers and today was movie day! While the malls were filled with frantic shoppers my daughter Tiffany and my friend Tanya and I were laughing ourselves silly watching the movie "The Guilt Trip." Of course the reviews were mediocre, to me that is the green light to go see it as fast as I can. I'm so happy we did, it was a light hearted movie that made you laugh a lot, cry a little and be proud to be a mom!
With everyone in town running crazy through the malls and the big box stores we had the theater all to ourselves!! Yep, there were maybe 10 other viewers and us.  
Of course we followed the movie with a trip to Starbucks to enjoy a hot Gingerbread Latte and a Cranberry Bliss bar ... we all agreed, the holidays are officially here when Starbucks serves the red cups! 
The girls being silly ....


Some of the Holiday decor in downtown Brea! It is so festive this time of year ... at the other end of the street Santa is holding court in a cute little cottage where he listens to the wishes and dreams of the little people of Brea.
And to finish the day we enjoyed fresh, homemade Christmas treats! Tanya and Mumzie aka Ronna did some big time baking and candy making this season and we were the fortunate recipients of their hard work. I'm having trouble keeping Mr. Joe out of the peanut butter chocolate covered cookies!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment