Monday, December 3, 2012

A Harvest Festival ....

When I think of a Harvest Festival I vision corn, pumpkins, gourds, pies, etc., etc. The word harvest conjours up images of changing leaves, freshly plowed fields and happy people.
The festival Tanya and I visited yesterday was far far away from my visions! There were packaged dip mixes, a lot of candies, and even some delicious fresh bread. This was a bazzar place to be sure...
The festivals tallest clown in a fuzzy picture with Tanya ...

These two characters were just plain odd. Yes, he is wearing a woman's night gown and plays a banjo. She follows behind him playing her wash board. Tanya wasn't real sure she wanted to stand with them, they might have recruited her into their band!!

I'm hanging out with the shortest deerboy I've ever met.

We were able to find a few treasures. We each bought a unique piece of jewelry, I purchased some of the fresh bread for my husband Joe, a Christmas music CD of Dulcimer, recorder and guitar - LOVE it. So now I can admire my bracelet while eating bread and listening to Christmas tunes ... live is so good ....  

No comments:

Post a Comment