Monday, November 19, 2012

I'm Pooped!

Last night I posted that today was the launch of Christmas decorating at my house. I was awake at 4:00 am then 5:30 and finally 7:00. At that point it was daylight and I decided to get up and get the ball rolling! Box by box I went through my treasures. Gathered over 30 plus years. Some broken and glued back together, some chipped and frayed fabrics with years and years of use. Some brought tears to my eyes, while other treasures made me laugh out loud. It's always so fun to unwrap each piece, anxious to see what lies inside. My house never seems to go together the same way twice making each year new. However, for the first time I was absolutely worn out by 3:00 pm and just couldn't muster together enough steam to put up the tree. So tomorrow I will put up our tree and again experience the joy of exploring boxes and boxes of tree ornaments.
Just a quick look at whats been going on here! Last year I bought this great reindeer from Gatherings in Iowa. This year he is enjoying a ride on the sled. More to come as the week unfolds!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment