Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Few More Pictures ....

Wow, from year to year I forget how much work goes into decorating for Christmas! I'm still tweaking things here and there, searching for things that I realized were missing, trips to the hardware store and on and on. And .... I'm still not finished! However, I will post a few more pictures as I have had a few emails asking were my pictures are!!
Well, I'm having issues with the blog uploading system ... I will have to figure this out and start again .... Grrrr!!

OK!! We're good to go. Blogging has really taught me to learn the ins and outs of computers and the internet .... that's a good thing!
 
A few shots of the back yard .... the way my California home is designed I have a lot of visual access to my back yard and absolutely none to the front. Many years ago I decided I would decorate my patio area since this is what I look at while cooking, doing dishes (several times a day) and letting the blog master Miss Betsy Ross in and out numerous times a day! I hung my  three largest jingle bells off the patio! I love looking at them out there.

My yard stick star draped with Christmas bunting I brought home from Ohio and adorned with my grandpa's ice skates. When my grandparents were moved to California in the late 70's my parents and I had the task of clearing out their home and coal basement. Oh my goodness, I found so many treasures and these were one of them.

These were my dads parents, they were poor and they were frugal and they saved EVERYTHING! After we had loaded up my mom and I drove Grace and Ed to California and I had the pleasure (and I truly mean pleasure) of riding in the back seat (when I wasn't driving) with my grandpa. He shared a story about "them rusty ole skates." He was a young lad and was out on a local pond skating when the ice gave away and he fell partially into the icy water. He was quickly pulled to safety but 70 plus years later his memory was sharp about the day he fell in. If these old skates could talk I bet they could tell many stories. 
Top of the hoosier ...

Top of the refrigerator ....

Top of the TV .... 
Do you see a pattern here? I like to decorate the tops of things!!

A few of my favorite things. God, Longaberger Baskets and doll quilts ....  
Putz sheep and trees ...

A little closer look ....

Hope you enjoyed my little story and tour. More pictures will follow in the next few days. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment