Saturday, December 10, 2011

Olde Christmas Movies

          Do you have a favorite Christmas movie that you love to watch year after year after year? I have several, but two of my classic favorites are "White Christmas" I just love those red velvet dresses the star wear at the end! Another is the "Bishops Wife." I like in it's original black and white version with Cary Grant and Loretta Young.
           When I'm baking I pop in the Bishop's Wife and bake my way through the movie and usually another one too. As I get all set up to do my gift wrapping in goes "White Christmas." I love to sing along with Bing and Rosemary, I'm sure they're glad they can't hear me! I can remember as a child watching the "Bishop's Wife, The Bells of St. Mary" and "It's A Wonderful Life" on our black and white T.V. There weren't to many movies available back in the early 60's, thank goodness for the few we did have. 
          As I write this blog my family and I are watching one of our favorites .... "Christmas Vacation" with Chevy Chase ... making future memories.                       

No comments:

Post a Comment