Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Eve - 9th Day

          Traditions .... can't have Christmas without them now can we? My next little story is about a tradition I started for myself and continued until I was well into my teen years. You have to remember I STILL believe in Santa! Every Christmas Eve I found it really hard to fall asleep, as do most little kids I would suppose. After staying awake and out of bed watching the windows for Santa as long as I could and once I was finally tucked tightly into bed, had a drink of water and my dad made sure the monsters were out of the closet I would quietly pull out my well worn book, "The Night Before Christmas."

My Favorite Golden Book

Don't you think it's just the most beautiful book ever? I would slowly read every word and look at each picture intently wishing and hoping Santa's sleigh would land on our roof. Once I reached
the final page of Santa flying away I quickly flipped it back to the beginning and started all over again.



I read this over and over until I would finally fall asleep.
"Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night"
   

No comments:

Post a Comment