Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring Has Sprung ....

 As a little girl my mom would sing me her silly little songs and recite funny poems. When I realized that today was the first day of Spring a memory of my mom popped in my head. On the first day of Spring mom would hurry into my room to wake me up singing this little ditty ....

"Oh Spring has sprung, the grass is riz I wonder where the birdies izzz" She would laugh and tickle my feet to get me up and going. I have so many wonderful memories of the way she made my life so special and fun.

 So today I say to all of you "Spring has Sprung" my dear friends enjoy these days before the firey days of summer!

Ode to Spring

Lo! where the rosy-bosom'd Hours,
         Fair Venus' train appear,
Disclose the long-expecting flowers,
         And wake the purple year!
The Attic warbler pours her throat,
Responsive to the cuckoo's note,
         The untaught harmony of spring:
While whisp'ring pleasure as they fly,
Cool zephyrs thro' the clear blue sky
         Their gather'd fragrance fling. 
The above Ode To Spring is just a small clip of the lengthy ode ... these may be the little birdies my mom was searching for in her song.
This little birdie hails from Virginia ... Spring hasn't arrived there as of yet!
A custom made box from Misi Axel ... Love it's simplicity
Adorable birds from Bay Rays Child, so CUTE! You can find her at her 1840's blog


No comments:

Post a Comment