Saturday, September 8, 2012

I Love This Time of Year ....

Even though it's hotter then Hades and as humid as Florida in the summer I had such a wonderful day exploring Roger's Garden in Corona Del Mar! This is the first year I have ever attended the Halloween Experience at the Garden's and what a treat it was.
They use a team of 6 to create this magical Halloween experience, I'm sure my pictures will not due justice to what we really saw!
On the path leading up to Blackstone Manor were pumpkins of all shapes,sizes and colors. Oh my gosh I wanted them all!!

Pumpkin prices, considering we are in So. California at a high end shop these prices aren't bad at all!

Don't these lumpy, bumpy pumpkins look great? So much character ...

Giant hail, snowflakes, snowballs .... NO, their ghost pumpkins!!

Step inside with me and check out the manor ....
Booooo, welcome to Blackstone Manor, where their is a chill in the air and creepy things go bump in the night .....

At the end of the hall is a floating candelabra ... very cool, very scary ...

RATS!! These guys make my mice invasion look like welcomed guests .... 

A bit of a closer look .. didn't Michael Jackson sing a song about a rat named Ben? This is him!

If you know and/or collect Bethany Lowe collectibles you would be in absolute heaven. Some of her best Halloween goods were on sale here. Including this one of a kind Halloween vehicle. It sells for a mere $4,500.00. Yep, that's correct.

My new spooky riding hat, do you like it!

Here is our personal butler ...

Now it's time to do some shoppin! I need some of those sunflowers and pumpkins before I head for home!!

After 2 hours in the hot, humid sun it was time for Tanya and I to have a lunch break. We had nice cool salads at the California Pizza Kitchen and refreshing Cranberry Spritzers. Oh so yummy.

Our final stop was Shinoda's Design Center. This place is a HUGE warehouse with everything you can possibly need to create an event. Weddings, receptions, fund raisers, Christmas, Halloween, you name it, they got it! I'm shooting my Thanksgiving Turkey.

A teeny, tiny fall pumpkin display. Aren't the sunflowers just great??
 In spite of the heat and humidity it was a great day. I'm ready for the cooler weather fall ushers in and so anxious to brake out my fall decor. Seems like I'm always the next season .... anyone else out there guilty of that???

No comments:

Post a Comment