Friday, February 10, 2012

Hunter-Jones Shop Hop!

What an absolutely perfect day for a road trip to San Diego County! The weather was in the perfect mid-70's and the sky was sunny and clear as we loaded into the car at 9 am.
Rita and Penny are figuring out what to buy for our upcoming retreat project before we make our first stop at "Fat Quarters in Vista.
Our second stop brought us to a new shop in San Marco by the name of "Grand Country Quilter," very cute shop with a very nice owner. Stop by if you are ever in the area. Fat Quarters was AMAZING! Big shop with so many things that I just LOVE. I made a mental list of things I want to purchase, thank goodness they have an online store ... woo hoo!
This is her business card/coaster. Is it not just to cute and too clever?

Our third stop was Rosie's in La Mesa, oh my it was HUGE and there was so much fabric to choose from ... I couldn't do it, I sat in my car with the new Primitive Quilts and Projects magazine ..... drool ... Our fourth and final stop was at  ... yep, you're so smart! The Country Loft! I loved this shop too. Lots of primitives treasures and .... there was an artist at the shop who is also featured in the Primitive Quilts magazine. 
Meet Jo Ann Mullaly, she created and made the pillow "Scattered Hearts" on pages 52 - 56 in the current spring issue. I don't
 do wool, but this pillow might encourage me to give a go. Jo Ann very graciously signed my copy of the magazine ...
It says "Put your heart into it!" JO Ann. There's a little peek of the pillow, get the magazine for the pattern and and entire look!!
The Three Musketeers. We are just bout shopped out, it's close to 3:00 and we have a 90 mile drive in Friday traffic, oh joy.
A little peek at some of my treasures of the day. Fat eights, fat quarters, a new magazine, and a pattern. The rest you can't see since they are gifts!! 
Great day, great friends ....

2 comments:

  1. nice to meet quilters... Took picture of the 3 of you. My favorite shop is the country loft.

    kim from san diego

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim for offering your services as a photographer! You did an amazing job .... hehe can't you see how great we look. I love the Loft and so wish I lived closer. It took us 2 and half hours to get home last night in all the lovely California traffic! It was so WORTH the traffic. Maybe we will meet again sometime at the store. Blessings, Anita

    ReplyDelete