Sunday, February 12, 2012

Has anyone seen Betty???

Whoo hoo here she is! Meet Betty as in Betty Lamp. Fooled you and it's not even April! I have been on the look out for a Betty Lamp ever since I heard of one. My Betty is a reproduction but I love her just the same. On my quilt shop hop this past Friday I found her all alone and waiting for me at the Country Loft. Over in the corner, hanging all alone she called out to me. I have had her hanging in different spots around the house and have settled on my pie safe/quilt cupboard in my living room.
This picture doesn't really show her off to her best. The lamp hangs from a hook and had the capacity to rotate. The little cup where the fake flame is resting is where the oil would go and it has a little spout for pouring it out. However, in modern times we don't need to light our way with oil lamps so we can use tea lites, fake lites or no lights!
I decided on this cupboard since Betty is very comfortable around quilts. After all she came from a quilt shop! After she gets used to the place I can move her around a bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment