Saturday, February 25, 2012

An Emotional Day

My son, Dustin had a very close and special relation with my mom. My kids called her Mimie for future reference. She passed away 9 years ago this coming Thursday so Dustin wanted to visit the cemetery on his last day here.  He loaded all the kids up in the truck and away they all went. I had a commitment and went in another direction. Later that night Dustin asked if I had read my emails,  "no, I've been a bit busy playing with the kids!" I should have left it alone, but no, I had to see what he sent.
  Here's mom and dad. They share the same marker at Arlington National Military Cemetery in Riverside. Dustin needed to go to the truck to get something and Austin said "don't worry daddy, I will stay here and protect Mimie." So he squatted down and stayed with them until he returned. Dustin said he cried all he way to the truck by Austin's loving response and I'm still crying. Austin is sensitive, just like his daddy and his far away grandma. I believe he has a very old soul in a very young body. 
To add more tears to my day the subject line on my son's email read "She would have loved him more then me." I do believe my mom would have adored Austin and spoiled him rotten like she did my kids. However, I don't think she could have loved anyone more then her grandson. They had a unique bond, I feel so blessed to have witnessed it.

1 comment:

  1. Tears.

    How loving is Austin...and how blessed are we all to have known Mimie.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete